Thursday, October 25, 2012

1950 Christmas

It's going to be a great Christmas at my house this year, I can just feel it. The theme this year is "A 1950 Christmas".

This little Tiny Tears and her toy jumpy chair is on her way to my house to celebrate.



And so are these sewing needle cards. Check out the Atomic Rocket!
Copy and use the the graphics if you want to.



Somewhere in my shed I have one of these.



Need to get one of these to shine on the tree.



This is what the tree looks like.
In 1964 my dad bought a 6foot tree like this with the color wheel for our Christmas.
We used it for a few years, dad thought it was the neatest thing!
He always loved new gadgets.



I can't get enough of these vintage ornaments. When I was little, I could stand at the tree and just stare inside those indented ornaments. I would be transformed to another world where it snowed and Santa Claus lived there!!



Putz houses are so pretty.



So sweet.
I don't know if all my children can come home for Christmas.
One works overseas, I hope he can be here.


There will be lots of baking and happiness this year at my house.
What are your plans?

If I can just keep these little monsters out of the tree!


Wilma was such a cute baby!  That face doesn't fool me, she's a regular little shredding machine!


Have a great weekend, from my house to yours.






12 comments:

Unknown said...

I say a 1950's Christmas sounds pretty darn good!!! Love the dollie bouncy seat!!!

chris

Connie said...

I am looking very forward to seeing your 50's inspired Christmas. What a marvelous idea :) Looks like you are off to a great start . . . these are fantastic finds.
Have a great weekend.
Your blogging sister, Connie :)

Librarian said...

How lovely! I've never thought of having a "motto" Christmas, but I love the idea of a 1950s one. The baubles are very beautiful, but I must admit I prefer a green tree with real candles, which is what we always had and hopefully always will at my parents' place, where we'll have a traditional family Christmas Eve (in Germany, that is the most important part of the festivities).

Erica of Golden Egg Vintage said...

You've picked the perfect theme for this years x-mas! Guess what?? It's SNOWING here right now!! That's MN for you! So now I can officialy not feel guilty talking about x-mas! LOL
I've been scoping out aluminum x-mas trees on Ebay for weeks. I think I decided that I better wait until June to buy one, or I'm going to pay top dollar!
Baby Wilma is a doll!
Erica :)

Tammy's in Love said...

Holy Socks! That was the 'teeter babe' that my dolly had! Your themed Christmas sounds like lots of fun. If you can find one of those color wheels for under 50.00 you will be a lucky, lucky girl! I gave up on finding a reasonably priced tinsel tree and will go for Plan B....

It was snowing here this morning!

Tammy

Unknown said...

Say WHAT?? It snows in south Alabama maybe once every 6 years! We dream of snow....The weatherman is just now telling us it's going to be below 80 next week! Oh, lucky snow birds, I envy you!
~Dorothy~

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Can I come to your house? heehee! That was the year I was born so it would be like reliving my happy times! I so need to find some of my childhood dolls! (and you know I have 4 sons, too!) We don't have any plans yet. Sweet hugs!

Kellie @ Delightfully Ludicrous said...

Sounds like so much fun!

Denise said...

Enjoyed this.

The JR said...

Uh oh, so innocent looking....but a real terror.

Sounds like your xmas tree needs to be fenced off!

Great items.

sherry said...

Dorothy, I'm going to bring you a Needle thingy-ma-jig so you can see mine--or at least take a photo of it. I hope I remember to do it! And you've given me inspiration to have a themed tree this year! So much fun!

Barb King said...

I had a Tiny Tears doll, loved her lots. Had one of those trees too, with the revolving light. Thanks for bringing back these memories, and for being my 77th follower. I'm following you, too. Barb