Sunday, July 15, 2012

Pink Saturday Weekend

Early in the morning and the dew was still on the flowers.


This Georgia Thumper enjoyed herself a drink of water.



Alyssa came to visit and made some awesome Pink Artwork.


Alyssa and I enjoyed cheese crust pizza after working at the Library Saturday morning. <3




And look at the sweet pink sweater on my little dachshund girl we received from eBay this week.
Wilma was especially fond of this pic.





One of my sweet pink book picks for the week. 
By: Tone Finnanger


One of my favorite writing books was originally published in 1934 and is still available from amazon.com.
It is described as "recapturing the excitement of Dorothea Brande's creative writing classroom of the 1920's".
A couple of other fave writing books are Lisa See's book and Stephen King's book on writing.


This little book is full of ideas and instructions on making a variety of pennants.


We'll be browsing thru this later on today.


Look at the sweet eyes on my baby doll that arrived this week.


My oldest son came by to show off his latest toy. (It's red, not pink!)
Lord, teach me to pray....

Huey P. Long says he loves to ride on it with Pete.


Wilma just couldn't believe her ears!

Well, we're all having a lovely Pink Saturday kind of weekend, how about you?

till next time,
Dorothy and Wilma and Alyssa <3

8 comments:

Shirley Hatfield said...

I wish my all my grandkids lived closer...I seldom spend one on one time with them. Thanks for recommending "Criminal" I read it almost in one sitting! lol! Wilma's pic above made me laugh out loud! =D

Jane said...

That one of the dogs is so sweet - 'Pinkie' looks like she's not sure what to make of the boy in green! I've read Stephen King's 'On Writing' and it was excellent - I really should re-read it this winter. Love Alyssa's artwork - she's a cutie :)

Little Susie Home Maker said...

Wilma, you are just so darn cute! Oh dear! Love those ears, ha ha! Looks like you and Alyssa are having a great fun weekend. That little baby doll is so beautiful. How will you display her? I just think your little weiner dog collection is the greatest! I been just hanging out and trung not to over heat this weekend. Kind of a don't do too much, kind of week end. Then a look forward to start another week of house work on Monday!
Bless you all!
Susie

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

It looks like you've had a really good week. Alyssa sure is a pretty girl with a beautiful smile. I know you have fun together! I LOVE your new baby doll! Was it like one you had as a child? I love dolls...as you know!

vintage grey said...

Looks like you had a lovely week!! What sweet photos, and so glad you had time with family!! You new baby doll is beautiful!! xo Heather

Librarian said...

Very sweet pictures, thank you!
My Saturday was less pink and more yellow... due to the sunshine and the team t-shirt I had to wear for my hometown's CityRun :-)

Pam~ Virginia Retro said...

Oh Wilma, so cute and gotta love those ears. I love Lisa See's work and have read all ofher books.

The JR said...

I luv the pink sweater.

I hope he's careful on that thing!