Saturday, July 28, 2012

Today is Pink and Yellow Saturday!

Hi there friends. Today is Pink and Yellow Saturday in honor of sweet Beverly's Birthday!

Alyssa and I did a little shopping yesterday in Monroeville, after my doctors visit.
Isn't this some gorgeous fabric, it's from the Dogwood Trail line from Moda fabrics. Also, some Butterscotch and Rose mixed in from Moda by Joanna Figueroa.
These are going in a quilt one of these days when I retire. (I still haven't made those curtains, yet, Susie!)


I'm in love with fabric flowers these days.


I bought this book from http://www.amazon.com/ last week. It has instructions for all kinds of flowers from fabric.




Alyssa found this cute hair bow made like an elephant for Alabama Crimson Tide. She says it makes her look like she has eyes in the back of her head!


We found a compact with an A on it, and "it's the only one they have, and it might be gone next time we come, Aunt Dorothy". :)
We also got her a book bag for school next year with pink and blue peace signs all over it, but we had to leave it at the shop so they could sew a big hot pink "A" on it for her!


She's wearing another head band we found for her to wear to church tomorrow. She's learning the song "Amazing Grace" to sing a solo maybe next week.
While in Monroeville we rode by the old courthouse of "To Kill A Mockingbird" fame, by Harper Lee.
The older Alyssa gets the more she looks and acts like the character "Scout", to me. She's turning into a real little tomboy! Too cute.


Alyssa says this is her dream kitchen.


These big flowers are made out of metal by an artist in New Orleans.
I thinks they were about 3 feet across.

The surgeon gave me a shot in one knee and a brace for the other, yesterday. Next visit we will discuss knee replacement. She said to stay off my feet this weekend. Pity, I guess I'll have to go lay down and read this book.... I dropped my Kindle 3 times last night falling asleep trying to finish it! It is SOOO good!

I've been cleaning the attic at the library and I have lots of these old card catalog cards we don't use anymore. If anyone would like to have some for crafting (they measure 3x5) I think they would be good for ATC cards or such, e-mail me your snail mail address and I will send some to the first five bloggers who ask.


A GREAT BIG HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO BEVERLY

visit Pink and Yellow Saturday and wish her Happy Birthday
Have a great week,
from me and Wilma

10 comments:

Librarian said...

Oooh! The sight of those cards evokes such memories... when I first started as a trainee librarian in 1986, we still used catalogue cards and a system of stamps and cardboard cards for the readers to keep track of what they had and for how long they could have each book...

That kitchen would be my dream kitchen, too! And with the flower in her hair and the lacy dress Alyssa looks anything but a tomboy :-)
Happy Birthday, Alyssa! We have the same favourite colour, you know!

Erica of Golden Egg Vintage said...

Alyssa is beautiful AND smart! She knows a dream kitchen when she sees one! :)
Erica

Maria said...

Love the entry! I love to read to and now I'm reading on my Iphone more often when I wake up or just before I go to bed. I also have a kindle but I need the back light of the Iphone. I have the original kindle. The book I'm reading now is The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot...it's very eyeopening since it's based on a true story. I'm in a book club which is great because I probably would never have read the book. Sorry to hear about your knee(s)...hope the pain is very minor for you. Smiles, Maria from Seattle.

Gabriela Delworth - Instructional Designer said...

HPS!

How generous of you, this is a great giveaway!


Gabriela

Sunny Simple Life said...

That hair bow is adorable. Love it!!

My Vintage Mending said...

I think that would be a dream kitchen too...smiles..Renee

Denise said...

Enjoyed this.

Little Susie Home Maker said...

Ooh.. Dogwood Trail line.. Yummy! I would want to stash that fabric, too! Yes, I been waiting to see if you make those curtains! Haha! Fabric flowers sound like fun! They would be great in hair bands for your pretty little Alyssa, but the elephant sure is fun. I love elephants, I have a small collection of them (In my back yard..just kidding). You know I been seeing a lot of little kitchen made from old end tables and bedside tables, even entertainment centers. Paint and knobs, bowl for sinks and curtains. Really cute! I would want that pink dream kitchen, too. She has good taste! Glad you get to read while you take it easy. Hope the injections help. Keep us posted.
Blessings,
Susie

The JR said...

Pretty cloth. I'm a sucker for it.

Pamela said...

What a beautiful sweetheart! I was so happy to get the recommendation for the book. A great Christmas present for my daughter.