Friday, December 28, 2012

Pink Saturday

Snow and Snowmen
That's the theme.

Whose woods these are I think I know
His house is in the village though:
He will not see me stopping here
To watch his woods fill up with snow.


My little horse must think it queer
To stop without a farmhouse near
Between the woods and frozen lake
The darkest evening of the year.


He gives his harness bells a shake
To ask if there is some mistake.
The only other sound's the sweep
Of easy wind and downy flake.



The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
But I have promises to keep,



And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.

Stopping By Woods On A Snowy Evening
by: Robert Frost



Happy Pink Saturday and a Happy New Year
to you.

From me and Ms.Wilma








16 comments:

The French Hutch said...

Great post! Love the pics and the poem. Happy Pink Saturday....

~Emily
The French Hutch

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Oh, I love poetry and this poem is perfect for your wintry photos! Happy weekend my friend!

Little Susie Home Maker said...

What beautiful photos, and thank you for the lovely poem!
Blessings,
Susie

Pam~ Virginia Retro said...

Lovely post Dorothy! Happy New Year!

Librarian said...

That poem and the pictures go together so well! Love the one with the arched tree. So mysterious!

Kay G. said...

Is that your snow in Alabama? Or was that from a snow in the past?
That person making the snowman looks very cold!
Happy New year!

Denise said...

Lovely post.

ImagiMeri said...

The happiest of New Years to you and yours!

Hugs,
Meri

Jane said...

I've always loved this poem by Robert Frost. Beautiful wintry pics :) Happy New Year to you - and Ms. Wilma!

Lemon Verbena Lady said...

One of my favorite poems, Dorothy! Reminds me of snowfalls in New England. Happy New Year to you and Ms. Wilma. xxoo LVL

Cindy Adkins said...

Lovely photos of the snow. Visiting from Pink Saturday. Happy New Year to you!
Cindy @ Art, Books,Tea

bohemiannie! art said...

Oh that was beautiful. Happy New Year!

Hayu Maselli said...

Beautiful post,
Thank you for following me,i am pleased to follow you.
Happy new year 2013,
I am wishing you all the best
warmly greeting
Ayu

Francie...The Scented Cottage Studio said...

stopping by to wish you a very blessed and happy new year (())

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

I love your snowman and such wonderful pictures. I have to tell you that I searched for a poem about Winter to type and display in my vintage typewriter. This is the one I picked. Haven't done it yet. My 12 year old granddaughter is staying with us for a couple of days and she is having a ball typing with it. Thanks for sharing!
Hugs,
Jann

The JR said...

Hope you had a Happy New Year.

Been MIA due to sickness then family visit.