Thursday, February 23, 2012

Death of a Kingfisher


Hello there,


This is my new read for today. New books arrived yesterday!

I ordered the book for the library, but I also downloaded it to my Kindle so I could go ahead and read it. Another visit with Hamish Macbeth, what a joy. I still wish I lived there in his town. Or maybe Port Isaac. That is my idea of a dream place to live. If you have never watched the Doc Martin series you can purchase or download instant videos from www.amazon.com. They are fun to watch and also the scenery is gorgeous.

I ordered a different author this time, Elly Griffiths, "The Crossing Places", and "The House at Sea's End". I haven't read them yet, but they look like they are going to be very good.

I also bought the book "Beginning Google Blogger", it has helped some. Simple instructions for beginners.

Today is Sherry Johnston's birthday. She's the genealogist for the library. One of the best in the state of Alabama, too. Happy Birthday to Sherry.







We are lucky enough to have a newly renovated library and this is the floor that I work on. All the fiction and nonfiction in regular print. This is the window in one end of the room. Large print, Genealogy, Children's library, Reference, and Books on CD and DVDs are downstairs. We have an elevator though, thank goodness for my knees!  This photo was taken at Christmas, I had a wreath hanging on the window as you can see. I also have a very large attic up here, where I store old books. We have a reading area with a fake fireplace in it, two conference rooms and Skype computers. All this in one small town, we are very lucky.

Well, these are my pics for the week, enjoy the week-end and read a good book. Spring will be here before you know it, and we can go outside and dig in our flower beds!

~~Love, from me and Ms. Wilma~~



No comments: