Friday, February 17, 2012

Rose Arbor w/ Rooster

Happy Friday, everyone.

I want to share my new rose arbor that my husband made this past week. He transplanted my Zephirine Drouhin roses too, I hope they make it. They have such sweet-smelling pink roses in the Spring and Summer.

He put my old rooster weathervane I have had for years on top. And he put some hooks across the top so I can hang baskets of flowers this summer.


My son gave me an orchid last year and it bloomed beautifully, I have kept it alive and it put on a whole new leaf, but hasn't bloomed since. Does anyone know how to get it to bloom again?


For those of you like me, just starting out blogging and still learning, this is a wonderful book to get. Mine arrived from www.amazon.com yesterday and I am almost finished reading it, but will go back again and again to look at the gorgeous pictures! It's by Tara Frey, it's very informative and beautiful to look at.



I'm reading "The Vault" by Ruth Rendell this weekend, its supposed to storm all day tomorrow where we live. Hope your weekend is warm and dry.
Be happy,
~~from me and Wilma~~

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks impressive. I can't wait to see it with the roses in bloom.

Little Susie Home Maker said...

Oh, my, that rose arbor is so pretty! I can't wait to see it in middle summer! Your husband did an excellent job. I love the weather vane.
I am new at blogging as well. I have never seen anybooks on it before. Maybe I should check it out.
I noticed you put the linky at the top of your blog. I just added that tool, too!
Blessings,
Susie

Anonymous said...

Thanks for visiting my blog and also for the nice comment. It's great to know that I'm inspiring someone, heeee...hee. I'm following you back. It's nice to find blog's that blog about gardening along with sewing/crafting.

Have a lovely day!

Unknown said...

You're quite welcome! And you are an inspiration! :)