Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Cloudy Days and Books

Hello everyone, it's clouding up outside and that means its time to reach for a new book. I have two to recommend today. This book has been enjoyed by everyone who has checked it out at the library, it's about a girl who grew up in foster care, her only connection to people and the world is through flowers and their meanings. It will break your heart but mend it again. I think you will enjoy it as much as we have.

This one is a delightful British mystery which you know I can't resist. I would have bought this one for the lovely cover, but I like all of Ann Purser's books. She is the author of the Lois Meade Mystery series also.
This books heroine is Ivy Beasley who has just moved into assisted living but she stays busy solving crime! Kinda reminds me of my own mother in her new assisted living home!

And here are some late blooms for you to enjoy today!

1 comment:

Betsy said...

Hi Dorothy,

Thanks for stopping by my blog and becoming a follower! I love the title of your blog and just joined you too. I look forward to your book recommendations. I also love reading and am always looking for something new to read. This is definitely the time of year for it!