Friday, November 4, 2011

Fabulous Friday

Its Friday, and I don't care if it is cool and rainy, it's still FRIDAY!  And I am off every week-end this month! Tomorrow, Lord willing, we are making the trip to New Orleans to return the grand-dog. I'm sure going to miss him!  But I am looking forward to the sight-seeing along the way and when we get there. So many things to see and do. And good Cajun food. Fried oyster poorboy. Yummy.

Yesterday I went back to the Sleep Center and while I was in Enterprise, Al., I had to stop in the local Thrift Store. And guess what I found hiding in an old box in the back of the store? A 1970's Effanbee Grande Dames Winter doll that I purchased for 50 cents! Her little red cape was dry rotted in the back and she had only one shoe, but the doll was in beautiful condition! Love a good find.

I also purchased a red plaid wool skirt for $3.00 that I plan to cut up and make a pillow to put by the fireplace for my miniature dachshund, Wilma, to sleep on. She will like this.  I was planning to buy the fabric but this skirt looked practically new, and it was about a size 0, so it wouldn't be a waste.  Who would it fit?And out of hundreds of books, I found ONE British mystery. They say that mystery readers hang on to their books, they do not like to part with them. It must be so.

I purchased a HUGE selection of fiction and non-fiction for the library this week. I'll keep you posted on the good reads. I know one of the fiction titles will be good, because I already bought it for my Kindle and read it. Its called "When Will There Be Good News" by Kate Atkinson and it is the basis for the Case History shows on Masterpiece Theatre PBS Sunday nights about PI Jackson Brodie. And it is VERY good! So I had to order it for the library patrons to read!

This is a picture of the shrimp boats in Long Beach, Ms. I took on the last trip to New Orleans.

If you want to see a cute blog, go to http://www.doodlecoop.blogspot.com/ and check out Henry and Henny cutting the rug to some old 40's music! It is the best thing, my hubby even watched it and said he liked it, and he is NOT a blogger!

I have my new C-Pap machine so I should get a sound nights sleep and be ready to go early in the morning.

I hope everyone has a safe and blessed week-end! And I hope Alabama tears up LSU!  Roll Tide!

Until next time, y'all!
Dorothy




No comments: